The world needs more slowmo exploding pies.
Video by Hans Gissinger
Slowmo exploding pie video!
- The pressure inside a champagne bottle is roughly three times as high as a car tire.
- A cork exiting a champagne bottle can travel up to 60 miles per hour.
- There are roughly 49 million bubbles in a 750ml bottle of champagne.
- The world record for most bottles of champagne sabered in one minute stands at 34.
- As a nation, Nigeria has the second fastest growing rate of champagne consumption, exceeded only by France.
- Cristal was first created in 1876 for Alexander II of Russia. He demanded the bottle be clear so he could see the bubbles and make sure there was not a bomb hidden inside.
- The record for longest champagne cork flight was set in 1988 by American Heinrich Medicus and stands at 177 feet, 9 inches.
- The most expensive champagne in production is a collaboration between Champagne house Goût de Diamants and designer Alexander Amosu. The champagne, which sells for 1.9 million US dollars, comes in a bottle adorned with white gold and a single 19 carat diamond.
I like #cheese. Jasper Hill Farm’s Harbison.
First day on the job @foodandwinemag. I spy Hirsch, Pegau, Krug, Ridge…Oh my! #wine #champagne (at The Wine Room - Food & Wine)
Pasta sauce on the grill. Crab, zucchini, garlic, lemon, chili, tomato, mint. (at Park Slope, Brooklyn)
Octopus, onion and peppers on the grill. (at Park Slope, Brooklyn)
Pickled apricots. (at Park Slope, Brooklyn)
Lobster (at Silver Shores Shanty)